View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 12:10 AM   #11
CR Yaker

The new Lowrance Elite-7 TI. It's the same screen/processor as the Gen2 touch but without some of the networking features, which you don't need on a kayak and better price closer to the low end models. What does it have over the low end models? Faster response, better CPU, touch screen, brighter screen for in the sun, better options. Also I like the fact that this 7" model has the quick release mount similar to the 5" units.

As far as extended warranty on top of the one year manufacturer warranty. I would recommend going thru the manufacturer Navico and purchase the extra years up to three additional years. You can purchase them anytime within the manufacturer warranty.

I'm not sure how West Marine operates on their extended warranties, when I called them they said, for claims, you would go thru the company services (the one that sells the extended warranty thru West Marine) outside West Marine, a big red flag if you ask me. Not thru the store.
But I've heard different experiences from others here??? I know thru the manufacturer, Navico, it's a guaranteed thing.

Also if you buy outside CA thru a retailer not located in CA, you avoid sales tax and often they have free shipping.

I'm going to have one for sale soon but without the transducer, with Navionics plus for mapping anywhere in the US and Canada (I'm in CR most of the year, in MN soon). I'll be asking $670, which includes shipping and paypal fees. That's $50 cheaper than anywhere else for a brand new unit. Reason I'm selling is because I have two, one I received from Navico direct for a warranty coverage on an older unit, but I didn't get the transducer I want for my TI, and I received the extended warranty thru Navico on that unit. So I bought a second one full price for the ducer, if you have an older 7 pin ducer you can use an adapter plug to get to the new 9 pin, would be good for someone who has the 50/200 HDI ducer, which Navico doesn't offer yet with the TI units.

Mark

Last edited by CR Yaker; 06-11-2016 at 12:36 AM.
CR Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote