View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #50
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Exclamation BS

I have heard enough!

The possibility of tragedy is closer than you think, if you don't quit worrying about Epirbs, and Cameras, and glory, and get yourself equipped with the proper basic safety gear and common sense! I went out with you and quite frankly you are going to get yourself or more likely someone else hurt or worse! You showed up very late, with no thought to your safety or that of your "wingman". I listened to you berate me, my kayak, my bait tank, my gear, my poles, my reels, and even my VHF! (you don't even have a F'n radio, gps, compass...!) You can't figure out how to use your GPS/FF, and constantly had to ask where we were?!? You have no experience in the area that you led us, thus leading us through numerous heavy kelp areas in the dark,and clueless to our depth or location. You have a P.O.S. PFD that won't float a sardine and you keep it stowed inside your yak (it will help you there).... no bilge pump, no radio... and no common sense to stay in contact with your wingman! You never leave your partner, especially if they are having problems! Idiot! And you want to be a guide?!?! Are you kidding me?

Josh, congradulations on being a great fisherman! I mean that.

But be careful about luring in others that do not know any better than to trust you and your judgement and getting them hurt. Be reckless by yourself! Catching fish is one thing, but leading someone else into your reckless abandon is another. Offshore fishing can be done in a kayak, and in a safe way! I went Solo to the N nine yesterday for a great day, I am sore in ways I did not know your butt could hurt but after initial disappointment with a 24-26" bonie (thought it was a tuna), I now have my first YFT on a kayak. A story for later... The point is, it was done safely and in a responsible manner! You really need to learn that side of kayak fishing before you can talk down to those around you. Use your head...posting on these boards about stripped marlin 2.1 miles off the point (that is where you said you spotted your marlin) with the result of getting unprepared kayakers out there is just plain stupid!

Especially, when I was with you, 150 yards away, and no signs of Marlin, or bait, or any fish, of any kind, at that point in time. I'm tired or hearing your "fish" stories. I don't belive you. The fact that you have hugely exagerated our trip Sun mornig pisses me off! It was a great time and alot of fun... once you paddled off. I cannot attest to anything after you left. But you do not have to have a fairly tale fish to have fun out there. Sorry for busting your bubble, but enough is enough!

Screw your head on straight before you get someone besides yourself hurt out there.
Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote