View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #17
RK

65 lb green spectra........
it gets expensive so maybe running that mono backing isnt a bad call on the wallet. you dont need much line from a kayak to get the job done.

65 pound to either 30 pound fluoro or 40 depending on what time of the year, vis, target species and depth fishing. On really clear days even 20 or 25.

I really like the seaguar premier as I think it has a teeny tiny bit of stretch.

If your fishing a lot your gonna burn through that shit like its going out of style and its really expensive after a while, so shop around cause at shops like charkbait that occasionally has the original on sale and with you 10% bwe discount it saves you a couple bucks it all adds up.

I also like using those really small but strong swivels as my connection, the 75-100lb black ones.

big fish with teeth can still chew straight through the 40 pound so depending on what your targeting, time of day etc maybe even bumping up to a heavier fluoro isnt a bad call.

Fish on mono are fun but in structured areas keep you on eggshells the whole time, fish on spectra dont stand much of a chance..... But with the spectras zero stretch you need a softer tipped rod to absord headshakes etc.

I picked up one of those seagates too, I still think im digging the saltists though.

Disclaimer:
I dont catch fish I dont know shit but i hope this helps.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote