View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 08:21 AM   #6
Saba Slayer

meetings

I can't get that link to open...but if it's about the proposed ramps here's some info...
I went to a couple of informational meetings that the City of Redondo had about the proposed launch ramps.
First off...it ain't gonna happen tomorrow...!
The City of Redondo wants to do a big remodel of the waterfront area around the boat hoist/Naja's and the lagoon areas and turn it into some Big Bucks$!...but the Coastal Commission is requiring a boat ramp as a condition of the permit.
At the north end of the proposed ramps is the King Harbor Yacht Club and it doesn't want to give up it's prime location for the ramp... not to mention the traffic flow into that area of the marina would be a nightmare...
The lagoon/hand launch is another proposed spot for a ramp with a big kayak beach launch area but it would require a $1.5 million break wall to protect it from the surf and surge, and the City isn't crazy about the extra cost.
The City has both small (25 parking spots) and large 50 or more spots with one or two launch ramp lane designs for each proposed area.
The Redondo City Council will ultimately make the decision and I'm not sure when that will take place...I'll post up if I hear something.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote