Thread: LJ 7-23
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
kurt

LJ 7-23

Small waves, short interval. Picked up a few spanish just past the reserve. Didn't think this would be enough but headed out hoping to find more here and there. Off the face of the hotel, huge amount of bait being driven on the service. Reeling in my sabiki when it gets hit by a 'cuda. Fish goes clear out of the water with one of my greenies in it's mouth and two others whipping around behind it. Amazing that the bait will eat with so many predators around. Picked up a few 'cuda (good size) on the iron and head out. I think one or two YT were picked up in that area, but I didn't like my odds of getting one before all my baits were slashed. Picked up a few ~ 4lb. bonita on the macks. Get to about a mile straight west of the hotel when I get picked up again. Thought it might be another larger bonita until it's 2nd run when it went deep. Right kind! About 10 minutes later and 50 gaff attempts (smaller ones are quick) I get a nice firecracker on the deck. 8.6lbs.

YT burritos are good. Last bait got stolen and headed in early before the fish got cooked on the deck of the kayak. Watched people scream and flip each other off at the ramp. What fun!
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote