View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #9
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtogo View Post
What would be lowest size equipment you need for rock to YT .
Eh, I'd use different gear for yellows. It's really all in how you fish for them though.

Example: I'm going to flyline for them 50% of the time. I can use a 8' XH swimbait bass stick for that. A 300 sized reel with a clicker and you're set. Or, the other 50% of the time, throw a standard surface jig or subsurface blade that I'm going to work like a rip bait (coltsniper or squish jig) and for that I 'm comfortable using a 8' MH offshore stick.

For Rocks/Bottom fishing, I'm going to almost always use a shorter, more stout H or XH stick. That way it can more comfortably handle the weight it takes to get the bait to lower depths (plus that's almost always vertical fishing, IMO the longer rod the more cumbersome that technique gets.)

The only crossover I can see is if you are rock fishing in shallower waters, and don't need to throw 12oz of weight, you could very easily do that with the same rig you throw your subsurface jigs with.

Also, I think a lot more of my terminal and line when it comes to techniques. I just make sure my rod and reel can support my line needs...

goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote