View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Jimmyz123

I know a guy who actually will target them and catch them, take pictures, and doesn't care what anyone says to him about breaking the law. I have read many times that once you realize the fish is a Black Sea Bass, you should cut the line and take less risk of hurting the fish more. Some DFG officers will interpret the law how they feel is right, some will nail you the moment they see you touching the fish, some will say, "Sure, take a pic, but you better let it go." However if they know that you have a BSB on the line they will watch everything that happens. Would I love to catch one, sure, do I want to risk one killing over because I wanted that photo of one, No.

I will not be shocked if within 5 years there is a lift or a catch limit placed on the BSB and they are open target again. I can see them saying a 1 fish limit per angler or boat or something. Their numbers are coming back and I do see them being taken off the do not keep list. However the way our DFG does things it may never happen also.

Do some google searches on that subject and you'll find a lot of information about it.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote