View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
mermaidhunter
Junior

Oex sale and first launch at NPH

Got my yak a couple months back and really came close to buying one at the sale but held off and decided I'll go the hobie route. The deals were killer and lots of happy campers that got their new yaks. I just came for a paddle whick I'm very happy with. Thanks oex.

First launch ever into NPH. I been fishing lakes to get my feet wet and get my paddling down. Was a quick sesh cause I had a BBQ to go to after. Launched at j street cause I don't have any wheels for my yak yet. Wanted to lanch from the coast guard beach but didn't know how far away was the actual launch from the parking lot was, so I opted for j street. I got to use my FF for the first time and I had quite a hard time differentiatingfish from bait or anything. I guess it'll take me a but of practice. Didn't catch anything but got a feww good hits. Didn't swing cause I was way supprised when they did hit haha. Overall had a good time on the water. Paddled to the end of the jetty and back up to daveys locker and drifted all the way back to j. I've never fished the harbor butni had a great time out there. Don't know the spots but of there's anyone out there willing to give a few pointers let me know.

Dragged big hammers and casted out them out with a 3 crank and 3 second wait from shore to boat. Did coat them with uni. Hopefully I'll be able to hook into something, anything next time.

Thanks to to Tagyak for the batteries. They worked like a a charm.
mermaidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote