View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 05:39 AM   #28
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidhunter View Post
I was there that day and told him 15+ times that he had to release that bsb safely and quickly, alot of fishermen on the pier were telling him the same thing, but other people on the pier were cheering him on. even going as far where they stuck 2 pier gaffs in her jaw, i went up to the crowd as they were trying to pull her up on the pier and i grabbed the pier gaff rope to stop them and told them that its illegal and they had to let her go. but they didnt care at all and they carried on. a private boater came by and dragged her in and the mob beached her. it was a horrible scene, my heart broke the next day when i found out she died and floated down to dana.

in the end he got away with it.
I also believe there is a number on our fishing licenses to call if we suspect someone is poaching or anything else that needs to be reported to the DFG. I've never called it, but I have voiced an opinion to someone once about the fish she caught.

As far as BSBs are concerned, I have a friend that will target ares that he as "accidentally" hooked them in SD bay, he catches, photos, and releases. However each time he posts photos, on a different fishing site, it starts a HUGE debate as to how wrong that was. He loves it though.

Until they change the regs on these fish I feel that if you realize that you have one hooked, don't fight it any longer so you can get a photo, cut the line and let it fight its way back down. I have known people who have tried to deflate the bladders and they have actually done more harm than good. So if you don't know what you are doing with them don't try.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote