View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #17
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
First up, thanks for the input and the snark

Kind of a simplistic thread, but I appreciate the ideas.

Yeah... on that one, I like being able to load up my truck and lock it the night before since I'm in the truck at 4am trying not to wake the wife. Been playing with a few ideas on rod storage (though I could just leave them in the house and carry them out the door with me)

Yeah this is probably where I'm headed. I've put 60k miles on this tacoma and it's damn near bulletproof.

Good to know on the Escape for offroad. I've long been wary of American made cars, but I loved my Mazda version (Tribute) before it was totalled in an accident.

Also good to know. One thing I noted when looking at 4runners is how far back the roof bars sit because of the sunroof. I don't mind throwing my yak on the roof and I'll likely go no bigger than my Outback.... But I'm young yet You make a good point about Saltwater though... I remember seeing Jim Sammons strongly endorse trailering because there's *no* getting around eventual body rust from throwing a kayak on the roof all the time.

Yeah.... I might have gotten a bit of drool on your truck down in Baja looking at all of your customization Problem with the current truck is that it sits so low, the bed extender scrubs super easy.

I like baja travelers style. This is how I roll to baja. Diesel all the way

IMG_4079.JPG
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote