View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #8
Tigermidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CON KSO View Post
Beautiful fish! I've thought about jamming up there a couple of times - so I'm really interested in hearing the details of how you guys do that trip.

Flying from San Diego to Salt Lake City is pretty reasonable but I kind of would like to drive and camp out for a few weeks to explore some of the area. Which way did you guys do it?

It looks like you fished the walk in areas- I've read quite a bit about them. Any tips about just showing up and walking in?

I fly fish lots of saltwater so I'm equipped for streamer fishing with all kinds of sinking lines - I need to learn more about the trout side of things. Do you think a streamer-heavy strategy would work well there?

Thanks in advance!
It is MOSTLY a Nymphing that time of year, but you can find dry fly areas to catch fish. If some sort of hatch comes off. Midges and B.W.O. that time of year.

WE stay a Red Canyon Lodge, but there is really good camping in the area also.
There are other places to stay (cabins) also.
I fish a 6wt floating line nymphing rig. also carry a 5 wt for drys if they decide to show up all of a sudden.

Yes I walked in mostly at Little Hole this year, in years past I also walked from the Dam down steam.
Tigermidge is offline   Reply With Quote