View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
BigLouSD
Junior

Spanish Landing 11/26/17

Decided to venture into the northern end of the bay as I usually fish the southern end. Decided to launch from Spanish Landing at 8:30AM as it was easy (didn't like the $4 and 4 hour limit though). Spent the first couple of hours cruising through harbor and shelter island with no luck on the plastics. Had more luck trolling a Yo-zuri Tobimaru the final two hours. Final fish count was 3 Pacific Mackerels and 1 smaller Bonito. I treated that bonito right (gilled, bled, on ice) and had an excellent spicy mayo poke plate last night.

Next time maybe I'll have a line set up to fly line the greenback. I felt weird just tossing it back knowing how at times it so hard for people to find bait.

Question: I know people do this out in La Jolla all the time looking for Yellowtail and WSB, but what might you hook up on in the northern end of the Bay, or towards the mouth leading to the ocean? I'm thinking if one were to drop it down to the bottom you might get a Halibut? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Attached Images

BigLouSD is offline   Reply With Quote