View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Mission Bay, 10-15-15

Launched just before 6am with Landwhale from the Ski Beach ramp. It cloudy, breezy, and there was off and on drizzle. Not much current and clear. Water Temp was 74. Boat traffic was minimal until about 8am. Then the skiers came out.

We fished our typical areas, but never got into a decent bite. Lots of short biters, few fish boated, and no legals. Finished with only 6 a piece.

Best bait was a 5" Paddlerz in Sexy Mullet. Second best was a 4" Paddlerz in Bad Shad. Also caught one on New Penny. All baits were fished on Warbait Slayer heads in either 1/2 or 3/8 ounce. Got hammered a few times on a skirted bait, but couldn't set the hook fast enough. And that was pretty much the theme of the day. Fish were biting really quick with no follow up hits. Hot Sauce for flavor of course. At 10am I got swamped by a couple of ski boats and called it quits. Back was hurting anyways.

Part of the reason for the back pain is that I'm finally wearing a pfd and it's taking some getting used to. It hinders my hooksets also. Got to change how I do it and I don't like change