View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 AM   #7
lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorf View Post
Very nice!
Question:
How do the hatches (Left andf right) work out that are under your legs?
Based on the pictures you attached the tackel box on the right might not be in the best location.
Other than that they look great.
Thanks for sharing.
I didn't notice any difficulties. Those side hatches are small and pop open on the side - I don't think I even had to throw my legs over the sides to reach in... I probably just did it to take a cleaner picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j mo View Post
you said "all in all" i liked the bait tank. can you give a comparison vs. the kayatank and traditional 5 gal model?

thx
I really dig the fact we're starting to see fishing kayaks with built in live-well. Personally, I like any tank that will keep my bait alive and healthy - this one passed that test. It seems well made, it's part of the hull - obvious advantage is you can never loose it or forget it (been there). If you're not using it, it doubles as a nice easily accessible extra storage. Even without plumbing/pump, you unscrew the drain plug and it will fill up with water up until 1/2 way, to the water level. I think guys on the East Coast will like that.

Disadvantage compared to KayakTank - I'd say this one is likely smaller (capacity wise). It is likely heavier too.

But hey, I'm a KayaTank guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjcomp View Post
Look good, How about pricing????
Not sure about the S-12 - I see S-14 "pre-listed" on Kayak Fishing Supplies:

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...-dsh-14/Detail

I'd say give your local OEX a call.