View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #14
skrilla

It's a TV show, had to keep repeating that while I watched.

A pet peeve of mine with fishing shows is dubbing in the clicker sound when fighting a fish. Now everytime I see a shiny gold Penn Torque that dreaded noise will replay in my head.

Also incontinuinity with shots. Noticed the same exact rod used for bendo shots for two different scenes, one with Rob and once with Jon Jon. This was a custom rod ( yellowish wraps with dragon scale ) and I doubt they both ordered the same exact one.

Hated the Boogie D segments. Over dramatized. Having his client jump into shark infested waters to untangle the rudder or else "he can't paddle in" . A good guide would paddle over and help no? Also if so dangerous, why is the camera man in the water with him? And losing visual with your client even with a camera crew on a boat?

Always liked Rob since watching those Penn promo vids. 800 bucks for a 40# tuna though? It's been 2 bucks a pound here in SD, straight from the RSW.

Jon Jon is funny. I like his DGAF I'm gonna get a WR marlin campain. Can't wait to see more of him.

And Kimi biting the octopus to kill it, hell yeah!

Would like to see more footage of the local life, food, wahines.

Overall like the show. It's no accurate depiction, well cause it's gotta appeal to the masses. That said can't wait to see the new wave of kayak fisherman out on the water expecting the type of fishing they watch on TV.