View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
Hey big Joaquin, are there unwritten rule about fishing near the bait barge (etiquette).

Toby
What are these unwritten rules?

---

I was curious about fishing around the bait barge and asked one of the workers there if it was OK as I was buying bait. He told me it's just fine, but that we are not allowed to get up on the barge structures. Of course that makes sense for a number of reasons, including safety and legal liability.

He said we can tie up out of the way and fish all day, but not climb up.

If we get too close to the nearby military barriers we will be shooed away. There are signs and soldiers assigned to monitor this.

My questions about this were about 10 months ago in April.

---

I've usually got a line in the water no mater what I'm doing, including pedaling in to get bait. I often troll into that area with a rapala, etc., in search of mackerels or smelt for my bait tank. I often catch random small fish around that area, both in the depressions and around the barge cages. I'm not an expert on the subject, but once I get bait I'd rather head out to the channel for halibut. Personally, I'm not interested in bass, bonito, baby barracudas, etc. I want to get a proper fish for my grill.

Are there big fish there as well?

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 02-26-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote