View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 12:11 PM   #7
TJones

Bump

Let's keep this rolling . I have also switched from lowrance to the dragonfly 7 . The lowrance has diffinately more power for price . The overall picture on the dragonfly and its simplicity are nice . For kayaking it is a good unit . On a recent trip out of Dana I discovered one of the units short comings was is depth range capping out at 1500 feet. On non El Niño years are we going to be at this depth? Highly unlikely . One other known issue discovered along with its solution was the instability of using auto depth range , which is quickly resolved by switching to manual mode . Kinda of strange for the amount of money you are spending on the unit . Maybe a future patch will fix this problem? As far as reliability issues , my unit is fairly new and I have not had problems . If it gives me problems , I'm dumping it . The down imaging is superb , and this is why I prefer the unit over the lowrance . Split screen image gives you a good view of what is below the boat . If a LSS-2 transducer were hooked up to the lowrance , the lowrance would be top notch . Installation is obviously an issue for a kayak other than a PA.

Last edited by TJones; 08-02-2015 at 12:30 PM.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote