View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #20
NavionicsSpecJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
Alabama! I spent my high school years on Logan Martin.

No need to go west for yellowtail when you’ve got Amber Jack in the gulf... some of my best memories are from Gulf Shores and Venice, knuckles burning and rod bent out by the oil rigs.

Just to be clear, it’s not my intent to give you the impression that you are unwelcome or your posts are unwanted.

Just the same, do strongly doubt that my response is an un-represented sentiment here... I am 100% glad that my unit came with a card, and I reference on it constantly. I could also see Navionics being something that I would give a lot of use to if I was in a boat covering some serious miles.... then again if I had enough money to buy a boat, I’d probably wouldn’t bat an eye at spending that kind of money on nav software

Oh I didn’t think it was your intent, I understand where folks are coming from. I fish North Alabama and nothing changes here, but there’s a lot of small lakes that are unmapped and even the ones that are have some things missing. Good example, I found a rock row on Pickwick lake that runs about 1/2 mile with 20+ feet of depth on both sides but the rocks top out at 12 feet. It’s not on any lake map that I’ve found. I debated with myself on submitting that sonar log, LOL. I would however love to kayak fish in Southern Cal. I inshore fish Florida for redfish and I’m going to Louisiana in November to see if I can catch some reds and trout. I love kayak fishing for any species anywhere I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NavionicsSpecJason is offline   Reply With Quote