View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
Mr_PeaCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars
where do you park for free at Seaside?
The kiosk at the entrance has been closed for a while, at least on weekdays...I just launched south of the peak closer to tabletop...

Dan, I hate to rain on your parade but I think you've just been lucky so far. As Mars said, those parking lots are part of the State Parks system and unless explicitly noted they require a fee... even if the kiosk at the site is closed. Now I could be wrong but I suspect that the Seaside one operates on the same principle as the Cardiff one which is that when the booth isn't manned they expect you to go all the way back up to the campground and purchase your day-use permit there. Or if you have the year-long pass you have to have it prominently displayed. Chances are that you've managed to park during windows when the patrols weren't coming by and looking for violators.

Only exception that I know of (and this was last year, haven't checked it lately) was that the Torrey Pines lot specifically says that a fee is required between Memorial Day and Labor Day and they will have the booth manned then.

Just sayin'

Thanks for the report; as with Mars I've only fished north of there but been meaning to get launched down thataway some day.
Mr_PeaCH is offline   Reply With Quote