View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by iethinker View Post
This is a Kayak Fishing Report for 9/9/17 from San Diego Bay

I headed out for what I hoped would be a good bone session in San Diego Bay. Things moistened up quickly due to light rains at launch. When I found the bone hole the wind and tide changed conspiring to rapidly and repeatedly push me off the spot. Wish I hadn't forgot my anchor as I didn't have a long enough to work the hole and pull a big one....uh...long enough time that is.

All of the bones were disappointingly small. I was happy however to at least land the target species. I heard in Florida that they estimate the value of each Bonefish caught at $3,000 to the local economy. I caught over 20 spotties along the way as well. Most of these were also small. D'oh!

Conditions became un-fish-able mid morning as a very-high high tide thrust in. Wind probably hit 20-mph and some waves started spurting over the side of my Outback...thinking of Florida again I guess. Anyway, I made my way back to the launch through the heaving white capped bay and knew I made the right decision to leave it at that.

Here are a few pics...

Enjoy!
will you guide me on bonefish?