View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 04:55 PM   #1
Harry Hill

I keep fishing but not catching

Got a very late start today heading to Shelter Island, on the way stopped to get gas and because their computers were acting up at the Chevron station they locked out my credit card, of course they didn't tell me, just said my card was declined, so I paid cash. Shelter Island ramp is closed but I had an alternate kayak ramp on some historic road which proved to be not so kayak friendly. So I asked Google drive to take me to Mission Bay and ended up on Fiesta Island. It didn't look to bad so we launched and got on the water about 10am just before the tide changed. I dragged a squid and cast swim baits all for nothing. At least it was only 78 on the water, the water temp was almost 73. Other than being buzzed by jet skis continuously it was nice on the water. My wife saw a giant orange jellyfish and I saw a floating wine bottle, other than that nothing. Called it quits at 1, I was burned out by the drive down and knew it wasn't going to be fun going home. We stopped at the In and Out in Menefee to find out my card was being blocked, it was 112. Ate lunch and hit the road to a major traffice jam, but a rain storm came in and lowered the temp to 77 for a couple of miles, then drove out of the storm and it went right back up to 110 but the traffic jam cleared and we fianlly made it home by 4:30, 3.5 hours to go 120 miles. Not a good report but they all can't be roses and lollipops.