Thread: LJ 9/12 am
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
vellocity

if you know how to get a hold of RYAN let him know i got his photos..
80# BSB maybe more says the DFG guy at the ramp who i showed this photos to!!!
congrats Ryan!

to recap my morning, it was dead from dark thirty until i had to photo beeyatch Ryan's BSB
the midway area seemed dead, so i fast trolled a rapala to cover ground and check out the whole NW outside corner..
around 930am i headed back in to near the reserve bouy after reading Andy's report of yesterday..
on my way in i meet some guy in a navy blue Malibu Extreme who told me about a kayker who caught multiple YT's outside of the Pier mid morning yesterday! so i headed in.
slow trolled at the canyon's edge at about 150' just outside of the reserve when i finally saw some nervous water... call the boys IN as i saw the Dolphin make a hard left turn as they were motoring back to the outside, i'm assuming they may have seen some YT on the side scanner... not long after i got one on a large spanish.. felt good to fight one in such deep water with no structure around.. he looked about the low 20# grade.. fileted him on the water so never got the exact weight.... he might be 25# BUT i look like i need to start surfing more and go on a diet!! thanks for the photo Adi

Vito heard the call and not much later he got his good grade YT, which spoiled his rockfish dinner plans!!!

looks like a later morning bite today..
i scanned through the outside NW corner about 1045am and it looked just like this morning.....dead

good luck!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote