View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
Handymansd
Ancient Member

I won't offer any legal advice here... but if you were not notified before the hearing, then you were not afforded the due process required for the chapter 7 to officially "close". This means you would still have a vested interest in the liquidation of the companies assets... including but not limited to any and all assets of his business, and if incorporated a good lawyer might be able pierce the corporate veil through say... a personal line of credit used somewhere in his past business dealings then you could possibly go for his personal assets as well. Again... I am not a lawyer in any way shape or form. Anything I stated above is purely conjecture, but it is worth looking into and contacting a lawyer to find out your rights. I understand people's financial difficulties, but this guy, friends on this board or not, should repay personal deposits, even if it has to wait. Who got the boat, and the other assets that he filed with? You are in line somewhere on the list even if it is a ways down.

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote