View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 07:10 PM   #33
Caseym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabojohn View Post
I'll bite- RESPECT, HONOR and BRAGGING RIGHTS.
While it would be awesome to get a bft / yft regardless the vessel in so cal...it is truly more sporting and a helluva challenge to paddle out catch a tuna and paddle back to the beach.
I do not know anyone who has done this yet?? Anyone who does this is MY hero! Mucho respect for the guys trying.

If your going to take a boat out...mind as well just fish from it.
Take your kayak with you...its just another boat report with a kayak.

btw- I like your signature Phil!
Cabojohn,
I couldnt agree more. In a world full of shortcuts, its refreshing to retest the man inside us and see if we have the stones to go big. Sure its gnarly, probably a little crazy and has a high probability of failure, but so does everything awesome that anyone has ever done. History books and magazines dont exist because guys "hung in the harbor." People tried and people failed, but ultimately what was once 'impossible' became the norm. In a world of Online Dating, Siri guided directions, ADT protected homes, In-Car sensors for oil changes and low tires, Bumpers in bowling alleys, Everyone's a winner sports, Rules of Engagement during 'war', 25 airbags in ea. car, Electric start Lawnmowers, Baby Wipes for men, Electric bicycles, battery powered tooth brushes.....it's nice to go against the grain and do things the hard way. Just because its F@&$ing HARDER.
So heres to Home Brewing, single speed mountain bikes, earning the holes in your trucker cap, changing your own oil, hanging an American Flag all the time, telling people to 'Pick up their trash' even if it gets you punched, using old milk jugs to freeze water for your ice, canvas coleman tents, smoking fish in the side yard even if your neighbor is anti, going a little farther, failing, failing, failing before succeeding and Launching from land in a kayak to go earn your own fish....even if you fail!
My 2 cents
-Mazer
Caseym is offline   Reply With Quote