View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
Chuck D

Most people Christen their boat with Champagne....

I don't like to clean up glass, I prefer to use fish blood. Haven't been on the water for at least 2 months due to life stuff. First day out fishing on the new yak, get my bait on and on the water by 8:30, troll around for about 45 min and get greenback slammed on the fly. Midway through my bendo the "Sea Adventure" with 60 or so passengers see my rod and proceed to anchor right next to me. Get one fish in, move south and drop another mac out and before I can let it out all the way get slammed again. About 8 kelp beds later I get number 2 in and head on home.
Great way to break in the new Outback, which I love. A few small things I appreciated about the new yak that I noticed on the water. New cupholders accommodate my Nalgene and a beer bottle perfectly, no little water puddles either warming up my cold beverage. Rudder up and down system way more ergonomic when needing to use quickly. Bait tank sits nice and low in the new design, better stability it seems. Lastly of course the seat is so $$$$, best seat ever!
On a final note the size of the tow fish were both at aprox 20lbs. The meat color was way different though, one really dark and one nice and white. What determines the difference in color? Same with Lobster sometimes too... Anyways fun and super stoked on the investment, worth it for sure. Got some nice Poke, Smoked and Sashimi out of the deal.
Attached Images

Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote