Thread: Our Dads
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 01:28 PM   #8
Zed
BANNED

I certainly learned a lot from him re fishing. I remember him telling me not to tell the other anglers (his friends) where we were prefishing bass tournaments no matter how hard they asked.

I also remember him teaching me to follow behind him in single file as we went out on the ice to fish early season so he could check the ice depth. He would take a few steps and plunge the auger down, and then take a few more steps and hit the ice again until we were at the spot. One time after catching a feed of some walleye on a frozen eddy of the Mississippi, we were headed back to shore and I was following like a baby duck, like I was told, and I watched him go through the ice in front of me. He levitated out of that hole like he had a jet pack. Definitely one of those "Don't tell mom" moments.

I just had a lot more wave experience than he, when he finally couldn't take my yak stories anymore and had to do it too.