Thread: I 11S input
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #10
Saba Slayer

great advice...!

GREAT ADVICE...
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
These are great boats and I have taken them to florida, aruba and a few other places. I've actually had one out in 25kt winds and 3ft chop with no problems. That part of the benefit of the flat open deck is the water washes right off. Another really cool feature is how shallow it can go I pedaled across a 8in deep flat while others had to walk their kayaks across in florida, but that doesn't really register around here.
You don't have to worry about it cracking while folded, it's made for that. The biggest concern is warping the well or blowing a seam which are easily preventable. This can happen with leaving the pressure very high for long periods of time in high heat or putting too much pressure in. One example would be keeping it inflated at full pressure then strap it to the roof(adding even more pressure) of their car under heavy tension, then leave it in 90+ degree heat in direct sunlight. It specifically states in the manual not to do this. I would also put the mirage well plug in when not using it just for an extra factor of safety. You can leave it out in the sun during trips but it's not meant to be left out for weeks at a time. I would recommend reducing the pressure when not using it then just give it a quick top off when you're ready to go.

Saba Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote