View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Soups on......LJ report 5/19/17

Beautiful flat conditions at the launch.Caught 4 pacific mackerel, one big one three medium to small size mackerel. Started flylining one after awhile a sealion got it. By then I'm west of the big hotel in a 100ft of water so I decided to drop the big Mac down on the dropper loop 8oz sinker and wham with in 15mins, at first I was wondering if it was a sealion but it didn't unbutton. I was hoping yt because it pulled so hard, but after a while I could tell it wasn't a yt because of the bouncing up and down felt like I was dribbling a basketball.It was pulling me around pretty good for about 15 mins or so I had it on a marlin pole with all roller guides and a 454 newell. I findy got it up to where I could see color and identity it as a soup fin after that I took some pictures with my cell phone.I whipped him pretty good and was able to retrieve my hook with crimping plyers and watch him swim away.With the last two mackerel I put one up and one down and started paddling in until a sealion finely got both.out of mackerel now.I put an unbrella rig with sardine swim baits but no takers and that was the end of my day
Attached Images

Last edited by MITCHELL; 05-19-2017 at 01:08 PM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote