View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #1
Dannowar

La paz (non kayak)

Didn't want to post this in the reports section BUT there are some verrryyyyy kayak-able spots if you go searching around BCS. Actually surprised more people don't kayak fish this zone more. This is not a kayak report.

Anyways. After having an unsettled score with some wahoo a couple seasons ago me and some buds had the itch to get down to BCS and fill the freezer. Mind you....as luck would have it, the day we showed up the conditions declined a great deal. Water turned. Thermoclines. Murk. But in and around we found some clear patches and were able to put some fish on the panga. Had one personal striped marlin sighting and my dive buddies had a few as well. The sheer power and strength of Baja fish is second to very few. Always a humbling and learning experience to take big fish out of their natural environment. Without babbling too much here's some photos of some BCS bucket list fish and some good times (as usual) in Baja.

Beautiful la paz marina. More money in yachts than you could ever imagine down here.

La ventana sunrise

Follow the light. 5.2 miles to Mecca...

One of the baddest muhfuggers out there. Holed up at 68 feet and wedged in a cave.

Pargo dont care about your shafts.

Very good grade coconaco. Patience is key with these barred pargo.

Pargo fiesta made for great eats!!

Not all fish were harmed. This one actually snuck up on me and made damn sure I needed to change my wetsuit.

Walks on the malecon (boardwalk) are a must for good food,ice cream, sights and CERVEZAS!

Last spot of the trip. What would swim directly up to me in 20 feet of water in RIPPING current. One of the healthiest yellowtail I've ever taken. Spine shot and knife fight with a bull sea lion. Guess who won.

Do yourself a favor....

Adios!!

Here's a few clips I threw together. Always guilty of not using my GoPro enough.

https://youtu.be/A5ZsTck9Wjs

Thanks for watching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk