View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
I just wanted to give a public thank you to my new Redondo Beach buddy, Big Game James. A little over a month ago the Baytubers held a tournament at Redondo beach and the results were very impressive. So much so that I have been making the trek up there once a week to fish the area. On my first trip I met James at the hand launch and he was a wealth of knowledge about the area. After I had my Yak all loaded up and equipment stowed, James came running to the parking lot with my paddle that I had left at the launch.
Fast forward a couple weeks and I went up there again, and again I left my paddle on the dock. This time I did not realize it and James was not at the launch when I landed. He did land a few minutes later just in time to see an SUP guy walking off with my paddle. He stops him and says "that the paddle belongs to a friend and give it to me". Now with my paddle in hand he goes through the process of trying to locate me by searching my previous posts and finding a phone number that was unfortunately out of service. He finally contacted the Iceman who pointed gave him directions to PM me. So last Wednesday I got a PM from BigGameJames asking me if I had left my paddle at the launch. Mind you, I still did not realize that I had done it. A quick check behind my truck seat and sure enough; no paddle. I hooked up with him today to get my wayward paddle.

Thanks so much for watching out for me James. You Da Man!

The Rossman
Nice looking out James, karma goes both ways. You guys are both great role models for BWE.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote