View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
Amish Ed

News about Landwhale (Steve Green)

Thursday I received the news that Steve had been admitted to the hospital due to seizures. Friday he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I visited him on Saturday and he was in good spirits. We talked and watched football. Sunday he was supposed to have surgery, but it ended up happening yesterday. It went well, they got most of the tumor out. But, he will need to have chemo and radiation to wipe out the rest.

The doctors had forewarned Steve that it was likely he would suffer some temporary strength and control issues with the right side of his body. But, he didn't! I saw him tonight and his grip is as strong as ever and he had control of all his parts. He's very happy that he won't have to go to a nursing home for therapy. In fact, he gets to go home tomorrow.

For those that don't know, this is Steve's second bout with cancer. He had esophageal cancer 2 years ago. He had chemo and radiation and a massive operation to remove the tumor in his throat, replace is stomach valve, and in the process lose a section of both stomach and throat. This surgery took a toll on him and he had a very long road to recovery. But, recover he did.

If his condition now is any indication, he will again and much quicker than last time. He's in better spirits, better physical condition post surgery, and is talking about getting back in the kayak already.