View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 08:38 PM   #16
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheephead View Post
It was great meeting you on the water! Hope that current didn't move you too far while filleting. How'd you manage 16lbs of meat from your two yellows? I got roughly 12lbs of both of mine. Thanks again for the photos!
It was great meeting you out on the water Brian and thanks also for the on the water picture. I fillet both and used all the meat even the tail section (it's all good when making Tacos). Combined they were just over 54lbs even gutted. I didn't even count the two collars because I thought those might be harder for HOW to cook them for the fish taco lunches at the Veteran Events. So I kept those. The next How event is May 7th at Tidelands Park. Yeah when I got done gutting the Yellows the current had taken me south and I was down Bird Rock and had a long paddle back but no head wind and the current wasn't bad until I got even with Wind n Sea. It was all good as I need all the exercise I can get.