View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #6
MaskedFisherDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
My recommendation is definitely the PA14. Your gonna have to learn how to move it and transport it. Once you figure that out, you should be fine. It will be a bit more difficult than a smaller lighter kayak, but the benefit is that you will have an awesome platform to fish on.

The motion has never been awkward for me, so long as the seat and the pedals are adjusted to to the right spot for you. You will definitely appreciate being able to move and or manuver while using your phone, drinking a beer, eating your lunch fighting a fish, etc...

Of course the only reason I wouldn't get a proangler if I was you....would be that you fish a couple times don't catch anything and quit out of frustration. If your serious about fishing from your kayak, do it! If not then you should probably go another direction. It's alot of money to spend on something that's gonna sit in your garage permanently.

I have a truck with a six foot bed. That turns to eight with the tail gate down. If I do get the 14 I will get a bed extender that connects to the hitch. I also have plans to build a PVC rack the the bed and a wood and PVC rack at home to store it. I’ve been a life long bass angler I’ve fished in tournaments and clubs since I was a kid. I did have a bass boat but sold it when I got married to have money for a down payment. Since then I’ve been fishing out of my float tube when I can. It’s just time for a upgrade. I also live in Mission Viejo and have access to the lake so I can really learn and get comfortable on the yak.
MaskedFisherDude is offline   Reply With Quote