View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
momo fish

wow. Thanks!! I know I will find my own spots, but life is short and would like to find spots to go.. I will end up spending days fishing and maybe catching..

What is your favorite spot?

also I'm in camarillo (ventura county)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
10-15 places? Watch the weather/swell conditions and bite reports and go for it. I don't know where you live but about any beach is a "spot". If you have a decent cart that opens up many more places. All the bays can be good. From south SD Bay bonefish to as far north as want to go. I've fished the kelp off South Imperial beach, carried the yak down the little bunny trails in to some Laguna Beach coves (All closed now, grrr), dodged surfers at Doheney, and dragged the yak down and up the steep long ass hill to Salt Creek. You can make you own spots. But here's a few; SD and Mission Bays, the USMC side of Oside harbor(you need a federal reserve license there), Dana Harbor is not so great but provides access to place north and south of there, Marine St in LJ, Fletchers Cove, any where in the San Onofre the life guards will let you launch, middle Hedionda Lagoon, Cardiff reef, Seaside reef, Buccaneer Beach in So Oside to fish the pipeline, off the power plant in Carlsbad. My experience ends in mid OC. Go for it. Mike
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote