View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #2
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck D View Post
So, as the story goes, I decided to do some afternoon rock fishing and figured I would stay out a little late... The swell was pretty large and the moon wasn't doing me any favors. Got into a bite and ended up throwing 2 WSB in the yak. I always struggle trying to find a place to put these guys so I stuffed one in the hull and slapped the other across the yak. At the time I didn't realize the weight of the both of them, I was thinking in the 30's or 40''s. Came into the launch without thinking much about weight distribution and a 3 footer flipped me with ease. I cannot remember the last time I flipped in my yak, must have been over 5yrs. Tossed off, I managed to get most my gear but loose an important pole that was given to me in the drink and a paddle (I'll get to that later). Go to get my wheels and there is a homeless dude sleeping with his dog right by my wheels, have to wake him up to get to my gear, seemed a little strange. Anyways, got out of there, cold but stoked on a nice catch. Post about the pole and props to pingpangdang to give me a heads up on a lead that a kayak guide had the pole. Went to the shores and checked with all stores, no pole, no word. Left my number with all shops and got a call from one shop explaining that his employee saw the guy who worked for a different guide service that had the pole. I went back to that shop and long story short they contacted him and got the pole back today, EPIC! Still missing the paddle, it's a Werner with yellow paddles and black pole, in case anyone runs into this. Oh, and the fish ended up going 57 and 43lbs, 57 being a PB for me, couldn't believe it!!! What a good ending to a little drama. Watch your gear boys...
Great story. Nice croakers
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote