View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Right on Chris. Only a few more months of this then it should all be over and we can return to normal, we hope. I know with multiple MLPA posts every day it seems like we are crying the sky is falling, the sky is falling, or we are crying wolf one to many times. I am trying to avoid that, but every meeting and event and contribution you can make from this point out is critical since the process is fast approaching the end.

When all is said and done, if they close your favorite spot, where ever that maybe, can you look at your self in the mirror and say you did anything to prevent it, all that you could do, or did you do nothing? If I am going down, I am going down swinging.

I know it sucks, I know there is tons of information to try and read and understand, I know it takes time. In a couple months it will all be over and I hope when it is we can say we made a difference with our contributions.

The reason this particular decision is important, if it really is the way I read it, is that the same people paying for the MLPA implementation now could privately fund changes to the existing DFG management of areas not in a reserve. So they could change bag limits, size limits, seasonal restrictions, or implement no take of certain species. I am of course suspicious as this group leans antifishing and I fear they could further reduce our opportunities at the places we have left after the closures. When the regs need changes, I am all for the right changes to protect the resource we have. I just question how impartial this could turn out to be.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote