View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
Hammerhead_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
There are a lot of folks that jump straight into PA's having never paddled anything else and do not know anything of self rescue or the way that kayaks perform in rough conditions. Generally when you hear of guys flipping PA's it usually ends up a bigger ordeal and scarier experience than those who have paddling experience and flip a boat such as a Prowler or Tarpon.

I know it sounds unreasonable but there are A LOT of poeple that jumped into PA's never knowing anything of kayak fishing until they saw the PA on TV or at Fred Hall or whatever and dont think they will flip these. And as ignorant as it sounds look at the way the PA is marketed...it is bound to happen this way.
THIS^^ is me. PA14 is my first yak. got badly seasick my first time outside at LJ and flipped...in the kelp no less. Learned self rescue with spaghetti!

Posting this stuff is good since there are newbies like me on here every week trying to pick up a clue before we get into something new. [no need to bring any hate about how crowded the sport is getting...]
Hammerhead_77 is offline   Reply With Quote