View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 08:49 PM   #9
FISH11

When the water temp is 60 or less I usually use my splash pants and splash jacket. if the wind is blowing harder also then I use my breathable waders (usually like 3 to 4 times a year), the rest of the time I fish in my bathing suit, long sleeve UV shirt and a sweatshirt. These last couple months it's been more about the crazy weather patterns were there is high surf and or high winds 13+mph. I can't even remember when is the last 6 years I have not gone out at least once in two weeks. Usually I try to go once or more per week, almost exclusively mid-week. I think it almost 2 months now. The weather isn't the only reason as this last half of the year has been really slow in the Yellowtail and WSB fishing. I don't tend to target rock fish as I just don't find it exciting. Nothing like the pull of Yellowtail or even a shark. I like to go out an just enjoy the scenery, getting a good workout, time on the water and drinking beer, but being cold and having to fight strong currents and high wind while even catching bait is a chore, just takes the fun out of it. I can't wait for these constant storms to end and get back to out normal weather patterns. If I wanted this type of weather I would have moved to the Pacific North West.