View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 11:19 PM   #7
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
I have been looking at Seward. A boat name Puffin sounds promising. It is a small “cattle boat”. They point out that captain is not the only person with comfortable seat. I guess the 3” foam bench seats have been a problem. They have different outings at different dates. Halibut only, or halibut and salmon, etc.

So far I have not found the same all-inclusive package operations in Seward. I have to fly to Anchorage then rent a car to drive to Seward. Currently I could not find a car available. Some trucks for $2500.00 for a week was available. WOW. I found a hotel at walking distance to the boat ramp. Therefore, the car will be sitting most of the day, all week. There is a train operation, which I have to check out, but how do I transport all the luggage and hopefully box(s) of fish to the train station and the airport?

Lastly, the puffin makes large fillets of the fish on board, but there is a place almost next to hotel, that vacuum packs and freezes the fillets. I have to see if they will store my catch for a whole week.
Lastly, I have to trust the fish processing place not to cheat me of my halibut fillets.

At Anglers Inn, I have come to know them and feel comfortable about handling my fish.
However, (and there are always however), I have not heard about my big fish being shipped to me. No call from the manager either yet. Even though I called the part-owner of the operation yesterday.

If anybody here has information about the inclusive packages at Seward, please let me know. Thanks.

Ten yrs ago while working on marine pilotage I spent a month in Anchorage. The road from Anchorage to Seward is good. Seward to Los Angeles is a 61 hour drive or skip Canada and use the Alaska Marine Highway from Bellingham, WA. Alaska is expensive, but amazingly the two Costcos in Anchorage had the same prices as the lower 48.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote