View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #1
BenCantrell

Introduction, obsessed species chaser, new to kayaking

Hi guys, I moved to San Diego last summer from Illinois. It was a big change, and mostly for the better! I was busy last year with shore fishing and a couple of boat trips, but this year it's my goal to get some experience kayak fishing. I brought a 10 ft sit-in Old Town when I moved, and while I know it's not ideal for the bigger waters out here, I'd like to keep using it for a while. When I have a mid-life crisis I can upgrade.

Here's the yak. It's been fun getting accessories for it. An old fish finder a friend gifted me is going on next.

I'd like to make some friends here who I can get out on the water with. Right now I'd like to stick to the bays, and my schedule is usually wide open on weekends. Hit me up if you're interested.

Late spring or early summer I'd be VERY interested in making a trip down to Baja, probably to Gonzaga Bay. I've dug through some old reports on here, and I'm getting really pumped about the idea.

Also, I wanted to mention that pretty much all my fishing is geared towards catching new species. I enjoy going after everything big and small, and I especially like to catch stuff that most people don't go after. Here are a few of the interesting catches since I moved out here:

Any rate, thanks ahead of time for the welcome. I'd like to get out this weekend, probably on Mission Bay. PM me if you'd like to join or if I can tag along if you already have plans.

Ben
BenCantrell is offline   Reply With Quote