View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
rhyak

22 hours on the Plastic May 1st-May 4th

Hit the Central Coast for opener but started on the 1st at Lake Naci after an unsuccessful San Antonio access fail.
Wanted to fish Antonio but to camp was 280 bucks for the night due to Wildflower being this week.
Pulled into the lake around 6pm and decided that I had just enough time to get some fishing in before dark well it did not end at night fall.
Headed back over to Naci and fished the main marina and points and coves in that area on Wednesday night.
Ended up launching at about 6:30 and fished until 11:00.
The bite really picked up the last 2 hours on the water.
Lots of small bass at Naci right now...
Plus the lake level being low made it a whole different lake then the last time I fished it.
Still caught 2 dozen spots but all small 8-12 inches.
Plus caught a few small white bass and a decent Crappie while tossing lures in the dark.
Being on the yak at night is awesome that is for sure and miss it.

Lots of Quail coming down for a drink...

Get a text from John Kenny (JK) around 9pm and said he is tired of watching american idol with the wife and is itching to fish and heads down to camp with me.

He launches his little skiff in the morning and I launch the yak and we head toward the damn to fish coves on the way. Caught two small bass on the way down there and then JK keeps going and I ninja over to the other side of the lake for some fun.

This was my biggest SPOT of the day pretty bad right now. Cant wait till we get a good rain year

Ended the day at Naci at about noon JK had to leave about 10ish but left my area by 8am to fish Las Tables which he said was on fire with small fish as well.

At this point it was time to head over to the coast for some Salt love. Weather forecast for the afternoons did not look great. 15mph plus winds with decent swell. So figured wednesday would be a drink beer and chill trip and camp. Got to Cambria at 1500 and found Dogpound(Andy) and Harkins, just getting off the water and said they did pretty good this afternoon the bite was hot when they left it.

I said the heck with it and unloaded and took one rod, and a handful of light baits and swimbaits, just tossed in the bucket and peddled to the kelp and started to hammer rockies. Ended up getting 3 in about 30 minutes of fishing, no great size but good for tacos for Wedesday night for Kurt, Joe and I.

Got to camp around 1900 and cooked dinner with company as we all pre rigged for the morning.

First fish of the season

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote