View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
swinginFish

THANKS BWE ADMINS

Beautiful day out there yesterday, and even better for some others. Clear, warm water, sunny, minimal surf, little wind, a few biting YT's and general good cheer on the water. Smallish barrecuda hitting lures and raking what few baits I could find (biggest challenge of the day was finding decent bait). Current running a bit southward keeping bull and other kelp less visible. Hook ups likely to weave macrame in the kelp - plan accordingly.

Note: Years past the norm here (and on the regional kayak-fishing blogs that preceded it) was to post so that others could benefit from the intel. Sorry to learn a few folks got overzealous and caved to the evils of "localism". As an undisputed member of LJ's (I hate this, but its evidently true) "old guard", can say the biggest lament about kayak fishing these days isn't the numbers, but the attitude. Consider this post my way of showing solidarity with those who believe in openly sharing so others can learn about relevant conditions as well as lessons, innovations and trophy fish.

Avery
swinginFish is offline   Reply With Quote