View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #17
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneYak View Post
Congrats! That's a huge butt!! The under water footage was really cool. How did you hook up the camera to fo have your bait in focus?
Fishing line attached to quick release attached to end of fin of downrigger ball. Camera attached to side of fin on downrigger ball and pointed back. A stiff cross current can swing the bait to one side of the screen though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingj View Post
Awesome catch! Enjoyed the tutorial along with the video. Thanks for posting.
Wayne
Not a tutorial, just some observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Saba View Post
I really thought you lost your gaff the second time the fish went back down. I have halibut envy now.
That is why I buy only floating gaffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericko View Post
That's the hardest I've seen you work, well done as always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseym View Post
OK, I have to admit it, I get excited every time I see a new video post by this guy. The calm approach is so different from my usual spastic fumbling...its like watching a sport on TV and going..."Oh so thats how the game is supposed to be played." Am I the only one??
Props Greg, great job as usual.
You guys should have seen me BB (Before Buttchaser). He coached me right through my first 20+ Halibut step-by-step. All I could say after was "Is it really that easy?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshoss View Post
Hey Greg, can I ask you what set up you're using in the video . What type of action is the rod ? Ok, thanks . Very nice fish ! Like your patience too !!
GLoomis BBR964C 12-25 rated rod with a Mod-Fast action. Reel is a Calcutta 400.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote