View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 06:27 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

Pre-Fish Battle of the Bays

Launched at King Harbor about 8am and I was done with a limit of Rockfish by 10am...there were some nice big Grumpy Rockfish biting. Lots of doubles on the AHI Squirts with a little strip of Squid.

I also connected on 3 short 20" butts...I just couldn't find that legal yesterday.
They had some perfect sized sardines yesterday and the Halibut loved em.

Mike and Jake were out on the bait barge working on a new shed for the receiver operator...hopefully this means that they'll have bait available all summer.
As long as they can catch it Inseine bait said that they will have some fish in the receivers on June 10th. for our tournament.

There were a few schools of Bonito blowing up on bait in the harbor yesterday and I managed to throw the small b/w Rapalla into the fray and got two nice ones for dinner. The Bones were a good solid 1-1/2 to 2 pound Spring Fish (fat and oily)...it's kinda unusual to have them show up so early, but what a wonderful surprise. I love pulling on them with the light line and they make some great Poki and spicy tuna rolls if you bleed and ice em right away. These were some really good fighting fish and they didn't want to come to the boat.

I'm toying with the idea of having a Rockfish division in the Battle of the Bays King Harbor event...and having a separate prize for the biggest bag of three rockfish...What do you guys think???

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote