View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #35
janines.fishtales@cox.net

wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
Humm, let's see, I have so many.

1. Maiden voyage last year, I didn't know how to prime my bait tank at the time, so I decided to hang it over the side and get some water in it to "get the pump going." My bait tank filled too much and I almost flipped my PA. Had water coming over the side, but was able to right myself before flipping in calm 8ft. bay water. Who says PA's can't be flipped. Leave it to me.

2. Same voyage, I lost my 400TE setup but have no idea how. I just reached back to my rod holders and I was minus one rod. Note to self, rod leashes don't work in the hatches.

3. Later that same day, I am on my way in, and make a final cast towards shore. I overshoot my target and my swimbait is stuck on the shore between some rocks. I was crusing pretty good so while trying to free my rig, I couldn't. Didn't have a knife handy and I was using straight braid. In the drink I go, and have to float my yak to shore in one hand and my rod in another.

Learned a lot that day!!

I didn't skunk, so that's what matters.
The Titanic! We have all been there! Kayak fishing is NOT like any other fishing. It is challenging and takes a knack!

J