View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 06:34 AM   #11
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
10:50 am and there are four trucks on the sand loading the kayaks as they returned early, no doubt to the higher winds. I can see then all on the Shores Beach Web Cam. The water looks full of wind driven chop and that's what you can see inside the protected cove. Outside must be a lot of fun trying to keep the chop from constantly coming over the side and worse when trying to come back and the wind and current are hitting is an angle getting you wet and the wind blowing in the direction it is now, blowing you north. Most times it's going in the opposite direction. On Thursday, some guys there in a group lost a newbie friend that was with them (how does a group of friends not keep an eye on an inexperienced buddy) He had been pushed by the current and wind and when he called a friend before the cell phone died. He was telling him his phone gps was marking he was by Del Mar. I think there was a mistake and was not likely that far north. Not fun when everyone is discussing whether they should talk to the lifeguards about their friend. Things out there can become life threatening in a heart beat. Too many are not carefull enough, for theirs or their friends safety.
So that was the guy they kept trying to radio. It thinned out really quick when the wind picked up. Watched a boat land a nice Hali. water was too junky to troll so I put up the sail and it took me in at 3-4mph around 12.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote