View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 09:38 PM   #49
Apex Predator
pushpt.com

My Battery Set-Up Part 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggameaddict View Post
Apex can u show us your battery setup?
Sure thing., I made a couple versions of these battery boxes for different length Trips. When I made the first one, it was just supposed to be a replacement for the lead brick's for my bait tank and GPS/FF.

Version 1.0 Holds either a 1.5Ah, 3Ah, 4Ah, or the new 6Ah Ryobi Lithium Ion Batteries. I used a "Large" Watertight 1.5L poly-carbonate Outdoor Research box from wallmart, It holds one Battery, and with the 6Ah battery it can power every electronic on your kayak the same time, for about 10-12 Hours.

I started by Drilling two small holes just big enough for the 14ga wire that I had, and sealed the wire and holes by putting a dab of epoxy on it. Then I made two waterproof connections on either side of the wire(Male+Female). I had a Ryobi radio, that I destroyed to get the piece of the radio, that fits to the Ryobi Battery. I then soldered wires on it, and connected it to a waterproof "Step-Down Transformer" I found on Amazon that takes the Voltage from 18 Volts to 12 Volts. The Step Down Transformer then conects to the wires that leave your box. I also made a Y-Splitter that lets me connect both my GPS/FF and Bait Tank to that same battery.

Now my Bait tank uses 6Volts not 12 so I permenently attached a 12Volt to 6V step down transformer on my Livewell, so that the 12v coming to it, would be converted to 6v. you can also refer two my previous posts for some other pictures.

I will show you version 2.0 a little later...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180817_221029853.jpg (37.3 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180817_221142460.jpg (29.8 KB, 277 views)

Last edited by Apex Predator; 08-17-2018 at 11:06 PM.
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote