View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 05:41 PM   #71
FISH11

I was taken by the response, within this wonderful community, on the tragedy that took Dave. I can't remember the last time a thread had over 5,000 views in such a short time. I'm not sure if I talked to Dave at LJ before, but he is very familiar and most of us meet many fellow kayak fisherman. I usually fish alone or meet people I know once on the water. To me La Jolla has special memories since I lived there in the early 60's, went to and graduated from La Jolla High. When I was young I walked all over the coast there and fishing many areas, around LJ. Now I enjoy the view of all the places I lived or fished in LJ, but from the different perspective of being on the water looking back to shore and I can't think of a finer place. I often have thought that's were I want my ashes spread. 2 1/2 years ago my Dad passed away and he also loved LJ. So when it was time I took his ashes and spread them from my kayak in the beautiful water off La Jolla. He's with me every trip I fish La Jolla as so many others that have chosen the same area to have their ashes scattered.