View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #13
surfshotmoto

I don’t believe in buying a new kayak or car. Kayak’s are made of polyethylene. There is no easier material in the world to fix then this. Heat it, move it where you want, let it cool. If you take your time you will barely notice a repair was done. You can fix a big hole or small crack. These are plastic tubs that fix super easy and very quickly. There is not much you can do to a kayak that can’t be fixed.

With that said, the new showroom pricing is ridiculous. You can by a use yak for a fraction of new. There are plenty on Craigslist in your budget. Look it over. You can easily tell if it’s beat up. There is little to no risk in buying a used kayak. Companies say there molded plastic boat is better than others but really there all just plastics tub’s made of the same exact material. Some designs work a little better than other but all in all, the tried and true that have been around for 20 years are all making very, very similar boats.

The hardware used on the kayak is important. Buy Hobie. It’s proven to last a very, very long time. The hardware is superior in build quality. Also any part on any Hobie can be replaced when worn out. It can also be upgraded. I have a blue ten year old Hobie Outback I would consider selling. I bought it for my wife and she never uses it. It’s in very solid condition. $1,200.

I also have a ten your old Pro Angler 14. I will never sell that one. If your going to do lake and ocean get the Outback. It’s easier to hall around and can car top. If your strictly ocean like me, get the Pro Angler.

Both are large ocean worthy kayaks that are the best in the ocean. They are stable platforms you can buy used, use for ten year and sell for what you paid for them. You really can’t go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
surfshotmoto is offline   Reply With Quote