View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #7
TJones

testing is a good idea.

i have a revo 13 and and outback. i started with outback. two very different yaks . the outback is very stable, becuase it is wider. the revo is quicker and more nimble to peddle . if you are going to paddle all day , that is when you start to feel it. guys with revos will seem to pull away from you so you are working a little bit harder to keep up. unless you are confined to space dont look at an eleven footer . they trade off will be minimal. in rough water you will also get more water over the bow with the outback. outback is rated to carry 50 pounds more , which may be an advantage if you are a big guy and carry lots of gear. such as scuba diving or hooping or like me carry 12 rods . finding a used revo 11 probably wont happen, so if you want to save money, 13 revo or outback is more realistic. most people will agree , none of these yaks handle great in surf , but with peddles you can get of danger zone quicker. if you cant find a place to test one , we can possibly meet up and fish together in future. pm. goodluck.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote